About this Blog

This Blog is a collection of excerpts from talks given by Sri Swami Vishwananda. Please note that this Blog does not focus on dates, background and the exact original way of how Swamiji delivered the speech. We edit the talks slightly, presenting them in a kind of “poetic” format. This means we choose certain paragraphs from a talk which reflect a particular theme.
Read them as pieces of Divine Wisdom, meditate upon the words and just feel how Swamiji is addressing you with His words.

Monday 31 August 2009

The secret of the Divine name

The spiritual practice, which is the easiest is to chant the name of God, to recite the Divine names. When we call a human being, what will happen? The person will look at you and say "What do you want from me?" The same happens when you call the Divine, when you call Him inside of you, He will also ask "What do you want from me?"
Then you can put your request to Him: Lord I want self-realization, I want God realization. But this relationship that developed between you and the Divine is not only now. It’s eternal. Because you brought this relationship through lives and lives together with you. You are all sitting here; it’s not just a coincidence. You are all spiritual. Now you continue here to work on things, on that you have already worked in the previous lives, until you achieve the Divine, achieve the love of God completly. Whether you believe in God or you don’t believe in God, deep inside of you, your spirit knows that there is a greater Self, knows that there is a greater consciousness that pervades everything. For example if something bad happens in your life, who do you call first? What do you say? "Oh my God". You don’t say “Oh my husband, Oh my wife, Oh my father, Oh my mother”. Why? They are also very dear to you. But now there is some higher consciousness; there is God, who is even closest than everything to you. That’s why whether you believe or not, the first thing that will come out from your mouth is “Oh my God”. The secret in the name of the Divine is God Himself, whereas the name of a person is not the person. So I can call a person, I can chant this person's name all the time, but the person will not come to me. Whereas if I chant the name of Mahavatar Babaji, I chant the name of Krishna and Jesus, chant the name of Allah, for sure they will come, because the name of the Divine is the fullness of the Divine Himself. So, in that way, you will go in the finesse. The more you chant, the more you will go in the finesse of the sound within yourself. The more you will know the secret; you will enjoy the beauty, that you have inside of you, because after some time of chanting in the outside, the chant becomes silent within you. Even while you are sleeping, inside of you the chant always goes on.

No comments:

 
Site Meter BlogPingR.de - Blog Ping-Dienst, Blogmonitor Blogverzeichnis - Blog Verzeichnis bloggerei.de Religion Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory Blogverzeichnis