About this Blog

This Blog is a collection of excerpts from talks given by Sri Swami Vishwananda. Please note that this Blog does not focus on dates, background and the exact original way of how Swamiji delivered the speech. We edit the talks slightly, presenting them in a kind of “poetic” format. This means we choose certain paragraphs from a talk which reflect a particular theme.
Read them as pieces of Divine Wisdom, meditate upon the words and just feel how Swamiji is addressing you with His words.

Friday 4 September 2009

The two neighbours or how to be happy for others

Before giving Darshan Swami Vishwananda once told us a story, that he heard during his childhood:
I remember my mum used to tell me a story, when I was small. It’s a funny story. There were two neighbours.
They always quarrelled with each another. One day one of them said “I will pray to God, I will meditate on God, that when I see God I will ask Him for a blessing.”
So he meditated and prayed. God appeared to him and said “My dear fellow, what do you want?” -" God, I want a blessing from you. I want to have the blessing, that whatever I ask from you I get.” God said “Okay, under one condition. I will give you this blessing with one condition that whatever you ask me, your neighbour will get double.” That’s shocking, isn’t it? He thought for a while and said “Okay, fine”.

So when he asked God for one ton of gold, his neighbour had two tons of gold. He asked for one house, his neighbour had two houses. The same thing with one car, his neighbour had two cars.
Of course he was jealous inside. “How come I prayed so much, but my neighbour is profiting more?”
Do you know what he thought then? He said “Okay, God I want a very big, deep hole in front of my house.” Well, God had to keep his promise- the neighbour had two holes in front of his house. The next thing he asked God was “God, I want you to take one of my eyes out.” You know what happened…
This story sounds really funny, but this is how human are.
We can’t be happy for somebody else. Even when we say “Yes, I am happy for that person”, but when you look deep inside, there is something that is eating you.
Probably you don’t think about it, but at night when you go to bed it eats you a little bit, isn’t it? How come that person is like that and I am not like that? How come that person is realised, but I am not? One question which is very nice and that I get very often is “Swamiji how come I don’t see things?” But God has given you two eyes. Everyday you see so many things, you know? But yet they ask you this question “Why don’t I see the things that my neighbour sees?” Start taking time what you see, what you feel, what you want. And only then you can really see him, not only to see some light or somebody walking around, but more than that. To see that what you have inside of you is really equal in everybody.
You all know about it, but it’s time to realize it and to really feel it. And love can really show that, you know? When this love awakes for your self firstly and when this love really awakes completely inside of you, consume you completely with the Divine Love. You know this cosmic love- You can just see love, nothing else, because all the things that are separating you, dissolve into love.
And your eyes can make you see only love.

No comments:

 
Site Meter BlogPingR.de - Blog Ping-Dienst, Blogmonitor Blogverzeichnis - Blog Verzeichnis bloggerei.de Religion Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory Blogverzeichnis