About this Blog

This Blog is a collection of excerpts from talks given by Sri Swami Vishwananda. Please note that this Blog does not focus on dates, background and the exact original way of how Swamiji delivered the speech. We edit the talks slightly, presenting them in a kind of “poetic” format. This means we choose certain paragraphs from a talk which reflect a particular theme.
Read them as pieces of Divine Wisdom, meditate upon the words and just feel how Swamiji is addressing you with His words.

Tuesday 20 October 2009

Story about Hanuman / Chanting Mantras wherever you are

During a Speech that Sri Swami Vishwananda gave in Russia in July 2009, he told us following story: Once Hanuman was travelling around. He was flying through the world and He heard somebody chanting “Sri Ram, Sri Ram, Sri Ram” with so much devotion. Hanuman loved Rama so much that whenever there is true devotion for Lord Rama He is present. And as He was flying He heard the sweet words of Ram and said “I have to go and have the Darshan of that Devotee.” So He came on earth and was looking where this person was. Then He saw that man on the toilet, chanting the word of Rama. So the powerful Hanuman became so furious and out of rage He slapped Him. When He reached the palace of Rama, He saw Rama looking outside, turning the face and as Rama turned to look at Him, He saw a big mark. Five fingers on His face. He said “My Lord, what is this?” Rama said “Don’t mention.” (laughter) Hanuman responded “Now my Lord. Go, tell me. I will kill that person, who has done this to you.” He said “I can’t. He will not believe it.” After forcing Rama, He said “You did it.” Hanuman answered “Me? No, my Lord I didn’t do that. How can I? I just arrived. I did not touch you.” Rama saw that He was a bit confused. He said “Yes my dear, you did it. Not to me directly, but to one of my Devotees. This person was chanting with so much devotion and love, and you slapped him. If I didn’t intervene, can you imagine what you would have done to this poor man?”

God is not limited by places or to what you are doing. The main thing is that you do it. Chant the Divine name. Be always in the Divine name. No matter where you are. If you can chant the Mantra all the time, do it.

No comments:

 
Site Meter BlogPingR.de - Blog Ping-Dienst, Blogmonitor Blogverzeichnis - Blog Verzeichnis bloggerei.de Religion Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory Blogverzeichnis