About this Blog

This Blog is a collection of excerpts from talks given by Sri Swami Vishwananda. Please note that this Blog does not focus on dates, background and the exact original way of how Swamiji delivered the speech. We edit the talks slightly, presenting them in a kind of “poetic” format. This means we choose certain paragraphs from a talk which reflect a particular theme.
Read them as pieces of Divine Wisdom, meditate upon the words and just feel how Swamiji is addressing you with His words.

Wednesday 18 November 2009

Swamiji, why are You doing what You are doing?

Once somebody asked Sri Swami Vishwananda the very interesting question, why he is doing what he is doing. Is there a deeper purpose behind? Let's find out what Swamiji answered.
Sri Swami Vishwananda answered: That is a question that everybody asks, ‘Why does one do what they have to do’? Actually I do what I have to do because I love doing it. I love to help people. I love to serve people. It is the role of a guru to help and serve people. The guru, the master, is not here to be served, but to serve people so that they can advance also towards God-realization, towards Self-realization. Self-realization is the main purpose of life. I do what I have to do because it gives me great joy.

No comments:

 
Site Meter BlogPingR.de - Blog Ping-Dienst, Blogmonitor Blogverzeichnis - Blog Verzeichnis bloggerei.de Religion Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory Blogverzeichnis