About this Blog

This Blog is a collection of excerpts from talks given by Sri Swami Vishwananda. Please note that this Blog does not focus on dates, background and the exact original way of how Swamiji delivered the speech. We edit the talks slightly, presenting them in a kind of “poetic” format. This means we choose certain paragraphs from a talk which reflect a particular theme.
Read them as pieces of Divine Wisdom, meditate upon the words and just feel how Swamiji is addressing you with His words.

Friday 25 December 2009

If you want to change, change now



Words spoken by Sri Swami Vishwananda during the Christmas- Satsang on the 25th December 2008.


Sri Swami Vishwananda: What do you understand by Christmas?

Someone: Love.
Someone: Sharing.
Someone: Learn to open the heart.


Sri Swami Vishwananda: No, don’t learn! Open it! (audience laughing)

You see, this is a thing in spirituality, that spiritual people always think “I will learn to open the heart, I will learn to do this, I will learn to be positive, I will stop smoking, I want to stop smoking, I want to stop this, I want to stop that.”

It’s not about wanting, it’s about doing. If one will always say “I will open my heart", they can wait for years and years to open the heart (audience laughing). Every year for Christmas they will say “I want to change” or when the New Year comes they will say “This year, I will change”.
How many among you have done that?
Someone: Lot’s of them.

Sri Swami Vishwananda: (Laughing) It’s not about “I will change”, but now I’m changing.

It’s all about this year I will change. I don’t know when- The year is full, 365 day, 12 months. You don’t know when you will change, but now you can change. So, this is how we have to understand it, you know? If you want to change, change now. If you want to stop smoking, stop it now. If you want to stop eating meat, stop it now.

Here you can listen to another very sweet Song with the Title "Mary did you know"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfpK6cNPF7Y

We also sang this song with Dharmananda on our Christmas Concert on Tuesday in a different style but with the same inspiring text. Hopefully we will sing this song dedicated to our Beloved Lord Jesus more often and also tonight during the Darshan? :-)
"Mary, did you know that your baby boy would one day walk one water?"
We don't know is She knew, but we know it know and thus can worship our great Lord. Have a a wonderful second Christmas day and enjoy this special time of the year!

Don’t say you will gradually stop. It doesn’t happen.

No comments:

 
Site Meter BlogPingR.de - Blog Ping-Dienst, Blogmonitor Blogverzeichnis - Blog Verzeichnis bloggerei.de Religion Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory Blogverzeichnis