About this Blog

This Blog is a collection of excerpts from talks given by Sri Swami Vishwananda. Please note that this Blog does not focus on dates, background and the exact original way of how Swamiji delivered the speech. We edit the talks slightly, presenting them in a kind of “poetic” format. This means we choose certain paragraphs from a talk which reflect a particular theme.
Read them as pieces of Divine Wisdom, meditate upon the words and just feel how Swamiji is addressing you with His words.

Monday 14 December 2009

Sitting on the Divine Mother's lap


On the Fifth Day (23th September) of the Navaratri Celebration in 2009 that we celebrated together with Sri Swami Vishwananda in Center Springen, he told us a wonderful story about his Ishta Dev (the favourite Deity to worship for a Bhakta /Devotee).
Raja Rajeswari is the Goddess of Love and Grace, who removes all negativity and develops goodness within ourselves. Furthermore She is the power of Brahman and the personfication of pure conciousness. It is Her who we call the embodiment of bliss - 'Sat-Chit- Ananda'- existence, knowledge, bliss.

Here is the sweet story of Sri Swami Vishwananda's early years.
Sri Swami Vishwananda:
I tell you now a story that happened fifteen years ago. I think I told it already. The first Darshan of the Goddess that I had, well, probably I had more before, was
from Raja Rajeswari.
She was the first Goddess, that I really felt pulled to, because She is my Ishta Devi. The first Darshan of Her that I got was fifteen years ago. And from that moment on, I always wanted to sit in Her lap. Well, She was huge, you know?
(Someone: Very big) Well, not big, I mean not a big Mataji. Not fat I mean.
(laughter) She was ‘chubby chubby’, yeah (laughter).
I remember Her waist was just this size (showing a small size), but Her shoulders
were that big (showing a bigger size) and She was sitting like you see there. I always wanted to sit in Her lap and I thought “One day I will sit in Her lap.”
So years passed, the years went on and on and one day I did sit on Her lap, like three years ago.
I tell you something: This is something that, even If you want to imagine, it’s still limited, because once you sit in the Divine Mother’s lap, there is nothing that matters: Who is who, what is what? It doesn’t matter, because everything is Her.
At that moment you really realize the grandness of Her, the Parashakti of Her and the Shakti; how She get infused Herself in everything and still is Herself.
Look at us: When we do something, we are so limited to only do one thing and yet we complain about that.

Watch here a wonderfully inspiring Video which is showing the Marakata Raja Rajeswari Temple in Vijayawada. It really gives you this special "India feeling". Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1omDX3L-PI

And receive here a kind of a "Darshan" by the Divine Mother, watching a nice video of Raja Rajeswari with ecstatic Indian Music:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_AO9YS8-_E

No comments:

 
Site Meter BlogPingR.de - Blog Ping-Dienst, Blogmonitor Blogverzeichnis - Blog Verzeichnis bloggerei.de Religion Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory Blogverzeichnis