About this Blog

This Blog is a collection of excerpts from talks given by Sri Swami Vishwananda. Please note that this Blog does not focus on dates, background and the exact original way of how Swamiji delivered the speech. We edit the talks slightly, presenting them in a kind of “poetic” format. This means we choose certain paragraphs from a talk which reflect a particular theme.
Read them as pieces of Divine Wisdom, meditate upon the words and just feel how Swamiji is addressing you with His words.

Sunday 7 February 2010

Why are so many people so ignorant?

Devotee: Swami, why are so many people so, so stupid? (laughter)
I don’t know.
We all have the grace of God and your grace and stuff… (laughter)

Sri Swami Vishwananda: Well… (laughing) very interesting question actually. (laughter)(laughing) Hm… (laughter) let’s ask this question to the Public. (laughing) (laughter)
Tell me (laughing), why do you think people are stupid (laughing), even when they have so much gra
(To Devotee : You asked me this question, what do you think is the answer? (laughing))

Devotee: I don’t know, otherwise I would not ask you.

Sri Swami Vishwananda (laughing) (laughter): That’s nice. Reminds me very much
when you go to the doctor and the doctor asks you “What do you have?” (laughter), you should answer the doctor “If I knew I have what I have I would not come to you.” (laughter) (laughing).
Well this is a question that I also ask to myself very often (laughter), especially when I look at spiritual people.ce?
Talk, talk, talk, everybody, let’s share.
It’s true- human beings have so much grace.
Firstly to be human itself is a big blessing.
After passing through 84.000 of lives one attains a human life.
But instead of making good use of this life, we like to be ignorant.
And that is stupid. (laughing)

Let's all chant the Buddhist Mantra 'Om Mani Padme Hum', which is also the Mantra of compessaion.
Here a very nice version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4noQ0MD1_8s&feature=related

Tibetan Buddhists believe that saying the mantra (prayer), Om Mani Padme Hum, out loud or silently to oneself, invokes the powerful benevolent attention and blessings of Chenrezig, the embodiment of compassion

No comments:

 
Site Meter BlogPingR.de - Blog Ping-Dienst, Blogmonitor Blogverzeichnis - Blog Verzeichnis bloggerei.de Religion Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory Blogverzeichnis