About this Blog

This Blog is a collection of excerpts from talks given by Sri Swami Vishwananda. Please note that this Blog does not focus on dates, background and the exact original way of how Swamiji delivered the speech. We edit the talks slightly, presenting them in a kind of “poetic” format. This means we choose certain paragraphs from a talk which reflect a particular theme.
Read them as pieces of Divine Wisdom, meditate upon the words and just feel how Swamiji is addressing you with His words.

Wednesday 10 March 2010

We can leave everything and become one with Him

Today Sri Swami Vishwananda explains us why the Devas can't become one with the Creator.

Sri Swami Vishwananda:
The Devas can’t become one with the Creator because the have their duty.
The Devas have their duty and they have to fulfil their duty.
So they can’t say, “I let go of my duty and merge with the Divine.”
It’s impossible for them to do that because they have to do their duty!
Like, Indra has to do his duty, Varun has to do his duty.
If Varun said, “Okay, today I leave my job, I quit!”

We can go to a job and say, “Okay, I leave this job, I am finished with it.”
But imagine Varun said, “I left my job and I am finished with it!”
What would happen to the whole creation!?
There would be an imbalance because Varun is the God of water.
If there’s no water…it finishes!
So they’re bound by their duty.
The same thing with angels and Devas, they are all bound by their duty.

So they can’t leave their duty and become one with the Creator, whereas us, we can
leave everything and become one with the Creator.

Nice videos with some Hindu Gods:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAfYUt9w7qc

(The first picture on the right shows Lord Varuna, and the second picture left shows Lord Indra)

No comments:

 
Site Meter BlogPingR.de - Blog Ping-Dienst, Blogmonitor Blogverzeichnis - Blog Verzeichnis bloggerei.de Religion Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory Blogverzeichnis