About this Blog

This Blog is a collection of excerpts from talks given by Sri Swami Vishwananda. Please note that this Blog does not focus on dates, background and the exact original way of how Swamiji delivered the speech. We edit the talks slightly, presenting them in a kind of “poetic” format. This means we choose certain paragraphs from a talk which reflect a particular theme.
Read them as pieces of Divine Wisdom, meditate upon the words and just feel how Swamiji is addressing you with His words.

Saturday 20 February 2010

Stop playing and say to God "I surrender"


Sri Swami Vishwananda: When you give a child a toy, the child will play with the toy.
When you look at the child, playing with the toy, you feel great happiness, no?
The child is not disturbing you at all, it's playing.
The same way God will come to you and say:”My dear child, you have called me, I have come- but you're still playing with the game.
You're still playing with the toy.
Play!
I will stand by your side.
When you are tired of playing with the...,[game or whatever] I will help you.”
When the mind is tired of itself, it will say to God:”I surrender!”

Here again a wonderful song by the Australian Band 'Hillsong United', who is know for their beautiful Christian Songs, full of Love for God.
Hillsong United- With All I Am:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMrAafe7Mns&feature=related

No comments:

 
Site Meter BlogPingR.de - Blog Ping-Dienst, Blogmonitor Blogverzeichnis - Blog Verzeichnis bloggerei.de Religion Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory Blogverzeichnis