About this Blog

This Blog is a collection of excerpts from talks given by Sri Swami Vishwananda. Please note that this Blog does not focus on dates, background and the exact original way of how Swamiji delivered the speech. We edit the talks slightly, presenting them in a kind of “poetic” format. This means we choose certain paragraphs from a talk which reflect a particular theme.
Read them as pieces of Divine Wisdom, meditate upon the words and just feel how Swamiji is addressing you with His words.

Saturday 30 October 2010

Coming and leaving with nothing

Sri Swami Vishwananda: Once there was a guru who said to one of his disciples, “My dear, you have lived in the world now, you have lived very happily but now it is time for you to dedicate yourself and realize your Self.” Then the disciple said, “But Master, I have a beautiful wife who loves me sooo much and I also love her very much.”
The Master didn’t argue much with the disciple, he just told him, “Listen, I will give you a secret technique of yoga practice, practice it and you will see the result.”
A few weeks later, the man was practising his new yoga technique, where he was locked in a certain asana, so that his heart stopped beating. Then the wife came and saw him in the middle of the living room, she said, “My dear husband, what has happened to you?” She tried to wake him up, but she saw that he was cold, like dead. She started yelling, and crying, very loudly, “Oh my husband, you have left me!”
Hearing that, all the neighbours ran to the house to see what was happening. And they saw that the man was dead. They tried to comfort the lady, and said, “You know, this is God’s will.” But the lady was crying very dramatically, “Why have you left me? Why? We still have a lot of dreams, and you promised to make this and that!”
Then one of the neighbour came with an axe and started to break the door frame - because the man was in a such yoga position, that it was difficult to take him out of the door. Seeing that, the wife stopped crying, went directly to the neighbour and said, “What are you doing? Why are you cutting my door?” The neighbour said, “Well, you see in which position your husband is, so it will be difficult to take him out of the house.” Then the lady said, “My goodness! Why are you breaking this door? Look, this ill fate has happened on us and he has left us early, now I am a widow, I have nobody to sustain or help me. So, because he is already dead, you should chop off his hands and feet instead of cutting the door.”
Hearing that, the man came back to himself and said, “Wife! Is it what you meant, when you said that you loved me? After I died or: my death, you would cut me into pieces?” He realized that his Master was or: had been right and he left everything; it was time for him to go.
We always say this is ‘our’, this is ‘mine’, we always say that we posses things. But I am asking you, “What have you come here with?” In the Gita, Krishna said, “You have come with nothing, you came empty-handed. Everything that you took, you took it from here and when you will go, you will leave everything here.”

No comments:

 
Site Meter BlogPingR.de - Blog Ping-Dienst, Blogmonitor Blogverzeichnis - Blog Verzeichnis bloggerei.de Religion Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory Blogverzeichnis